Emergency Grab and Go Kits are a critical part of preparedness... often called "Dodge Bags" (as in get out of Dodge) "Bug Out Bags" (or simply BOB / B.O.B.) these "Go Bags" are essential to quick evacuation in an emergency and safe survival for the ensuing 24 hours.
An Emergency Grab and Go Kit contains life essential gear pre-packed (usually in a backpack) in which a Prepper will use to escape. Included at minimum is a 72-hour supply of food and water per person. In the most basic sense, a BOB is a “kit” you put together containing enough essential supplies to allow you to survive for 72 hours on those supplies alone. They are also known as “72-Hour Kits”, “Get Out Of Dodge (GOOD) Bags”, “go-bags”, and “battle boxes”. Every Emergency Grab and Go Kit has its staples –food, water, clothing — but beyond that they are quite often (and indeed should be) customized for your particular needs and predicted situation.
Wanting to assure mobility and preparedness, the chose a shoulder-sling style bag, and very specific content, including:
- Rugged, saddle bag size bag with shoulder strap.
- 1 dust mask
- 1 emergency blanket, mylar
- 1 first aid kit
- Four extra strength non-aspirin tablets
- Ten 3/4x3 adhesive plastic bandages
- One 2x4 elbow & knee plastic bandage
- Ten 3/8x1 – ½ junior plastic bandages
- One knuckle fabric bandage
- One large fingertip fabric bandage
- Two large butterfly wound closures
- Two 2x2 gauze dressing pads
- Two 4x4 gauze dressing pads
- One 2x4.5 yard conforming gauze roll bandage
- One 5x9 trauma pad
- Six alcohol cleansing pads
- Six antiseptic cleansing wipes (sting free)
- One first aid guide
- One antibiotic ointment pack
- One pair exam quality vinyl gloves
- One 6x3/4 finger splint
All with their school logos, of course!
Like any educational institution, they had a budget and a time frame. Working closely with their excellent Purchasing Team, our Suppliers, and making some small content suggestions and changes based upon our decades of experience in emergency preparedness, we were able to deliver ahead of schedule and below budget, and now look forward to working with them on lockdown kits for their facilities!